Safety and key features common to all of our stair lifts
- Our modern chairlifts are powered by mains rechargeable batteries, so if you have a power cut the stairlift will still function for a limited time.
- The lift is fitted with a safety device called an overspeed governor ( O.S.G ) that will lock the lift to the rail in the event of a mechanical failure, excessive speed , shock or vibration . A final limit switch prevents over travel.
- Safety sensors are located around the footrest and on the main carriage that will stop the lift if an obstruction is encountered.
- The stairlift has a key lockable on / off switch, the key can be removed to stop unauthorised use (Handy if young children are in the house)
- A digital diagnostic / status display that can determine if an engineer’s call out is necessary should a problem occur.
- Seat belt, be safe and feel secure.
- Easy to use directional paddle / toggle control on the arm , just push it in the direction that you wish to travel .
- Slim fold up seat, footrest and arm rest, very compact with minimum intrusion when not in use.
- Swivel seat, this means that there is no need to twist awkwardly when rising from the stairlift at the top of your staircase.
- The swivel seat also acts as a safety barrier at the top of the stairs.
- Remote controls, very useful if two members of the house need to use the stairlift, simply press a button to call or send the stair lift. Also useful if carer assistance is required.
Non standard options
Automatic or manual hinged rail. Needed in situations where the rail may cause a tripping hazard at the foot of the staircase. The hinged rail simply folds up out of the way when the stairlift is not in use .
Manual hinged rail on a straight stairlift
- A jointed rail
- A rail in two pieces where stairway access for the fitting of a full length rail is restricted
- Powered seat swivel
- Powered footrest
- Wider seat
- Heavy duty option
- Perch seat or Sit/Stand seat
- Available for users who have trouble bending at the knee . The perch seat is also available for narrow staircases.
- Additional park / charge points
Stairlifts that we buy…
- Acorn / Brooks slim line straight
- Acorn / Brooks curved 80 and 180
- Stannah curved 260